» A quick rundown of 2007.
I didn't blog all that much this year (although more than in 2006). Here's a short summary of what happened in 2007. (Note: Most of this is personal, so if you're here for Python stuff, feel free to skip. :-))
In no particular order:
- After having worked at Oasis Digital for over 5 years, I got a new job (although not at Google :-). Finally dipped my toe into web programming.
- I made significant progress with working on my own programming language. (It's not available; right now I just use it for experimenting.)
- The relationship with my daughter saw a few ups and many downs. Ah well.
- Last month, my wife was diagnosed with a "lung mass". We don't know what it is yet, or if it's benign or malignant. In any case, it made a serious impact, and will likely do even more so in 2008.
- I got a new cat, named Zero. :-)
- I moved from Windows to Mac. That is, I now develop on OS X, both professionally and for fun.
- I visited the Netherlands in January, this time without any travel partners. It went better than I thought. Had a bunch of yummy food, too. (Like, Greek! Yum-O! Note that there is no Greek restaurant in Gainesville.)
- Aside from the Netherlands, I visited California, Miami, Tampa and Orlando.
As a side note, this may or may not be the last post on Interstellar Overdrive. I've embarked on a new adventure.